Whitaker is looking for a Director of Operations at the Atlanta Facility. This position is responsible for overall production at the Atlanta facility to include safety and compliance, distribution, warehousing, asset management, personnel development and maximize overall efficiency of plant/warehouse operations.
- • Directly responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all production including loading and unloading of product, proper and safe warehousing, repacking of product, lab analysis and shipping/receiving of product.
- • Lead, manage and mentor an operations team consisting of 22 operators, 4 managers and 9 drivers.
- • Ensure operations are compliant with all international, federal, state, and local regulatory, safety, health, environmental and security programs.
- • Assist in the development of quality metrics and implement/enforce standard operating procedures to achieve desired objectives.
- • Drive manufacturing performance to meet schedules that allow for superior customer service and high efficiency while promoting a safe work environment.
- • Develop budget to maintain and enhance operational capability.
- • Oversee all major plant/warehouse CapEx expenditures.
- • Work with sales managers to develop solutions for customer’s business needs.
- • Manage salary plan, personnel development, hiring, promoting and termination of operations personnel.
Skills and Abilities
- • In depth knowledge of the chemical distribution business to include proper shipping and handling, blending and warehousing.
- • Strong managerial skills; coaching and team building with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- • Well developed decision-making ability; balancing customer needs with operational limitations and company objectives.
- • Strong knowledge of governmental requirements related to the chemical industry; i.e. OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc.
- • Strong organizational skills; the ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of operational duties as well as the ability and knowledge to properly delegate.
Education and Experience
- • Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Distribution or Engineering.
- • 10+ years in the chemical manufacturing or distribution industry.
- • HAZMAT Specialist training (24-hours of training in accordance to 29 CFR 1910.120)