About Us - Our History Since 1923Whitaker Oil is a 3rd-generation, family-owned, chemical and composite materials distributor. Our business began in Atlanta, Georgia with a single gasoline pump in the 1920's. In the 1930's, we added solvents, bulk storage, and custom blending to meet the needs of our customers.
In the 1980's, we expanded into Ocoee (Orlando), Florida, where a warehouse and packaging facility added another dimension to our chemical distribution business.
In 1998, Whitaker Chemicals in Spartanburg, SC was established to better serve the customers in South Carolina and North Carolina.
In 2008, Whitaker Oil expanded the distribution of polyester resins, epoxy resins, fiberglass and other composite materials from primarily Florida to the entire southeastern United States.
NACD Responsible Distribution ProcessWhitaker Oil Company is a member of the National Association of Chemical Distributors. We meet all of the requirements of the NACD Responsible Distribution Process.
Quality CertificationsWhitaker Oil Company received ISO-9002 certification for the Atlanta, Georgia operation in March 1998. The Ocoee, Florida operations achieved ISO-9002 certification in 2000.
Whitaker Oil Company attained ISO-9001:2000 certification for the Atlanta and Ocoee operations in 2003. The Spartanburg operations became certified to the ISO-9001:2000 standard in 2004.
Chemical Distribution NetworkWhitaker Oil Company is a charter member of the Chemical Distribution Network. CDN is a 22-member group of independent chemical distributors.
Whitaker Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.